FOREDOM K 1070 High Speed Rotary Micromotor Kit, 2.35mm (3/32")S/#: 1070
Jewelry Tools, Equipment and Supplies
• Use Product Options Menu to Select Collet Size:
• Rotary Handpiece with 2.35mm (3/32"): Model K.1070
• Optional Rotary Handpiece with 3mm Collet for Diamond fly wheel
• For high speed applications up to 38,000 rpm including light deburring of cast pieces, bright cutting in jewelry making and fine detailing in wood. Kit includes control box, handpiece with 2.35mm (3/32") or 1/8" collet (depending on choice of collet installed), variable speed foot control, handpiece cradle, spare pair of motor brushes, spare fuse and collet changing wrenches. The control converts AC current to DC current required for the handpiece. Compared to flexible shaft machines, micromotors have less torque, however, their higher speed results in a comparable rate of material removal with a lighter touch. The simple cord connection between the handpiece motor and control box is another key advantage. Unlike the "drag" and general restriction in movement that you have with a shaft and sheath, micromotors offer much greater freedom of movement.
• Kits K.1070
• HP4-917 Control Box
• H.MH-170 Handpiece with 2.35mm (3/32") Collet installed
• HP4-960 Variable Speed Foot Control
• HP4-933 Handpiece Cradle
• Spare pair of motor brushes, spare fuse, collet changing wrenches.
• HP4-917 Control Box is compact with switches on the front for On/Off Power, Forward or Reverse Rotation, and Manual or Foot Speed Control. Speed can be adjusted from low to full speed using the dial on the box or with the foot pedal. An Overload Protector Light is also featured that turns red and sounds a beeping alarm when the motor stalls. This is the same control unit that comes in Micromotor Kits K.1020, K.1080 and K.1090.
• H.MH-170 or H.MH-17018 High Speed Rotary Handpiece has a slender, contoured grip for precise and very high speed work and quick release rotary type chuck. It has a fan cooled, brush-type continuous duty motor that runs cool and vibration free with permanently lubricated, shielded ball bearings that require no lubrication. Optional collets are available separately. Bur changes are quick and easy with a simple twist of the front section of the Handpiece. A cradle is also supplied for the handpiece when not in use. A selection of collet adapters is available for simplifying changes between accessories with different shank sizes. Handpiece specifications: 6.2" overall length, 5/8" grip diameter, 1" motor diameter, 7.3 oz./208 gr., DC30V/1.2A. CE marked.
• Consider purchasing a separate "Collet Adapter" that fits inside the handpiece collet and allows the use of smaller shank size accessories without having to actually change the collet. We offer five sizes of adapters that fit in all of our micromotor handpieces except the hammer and chuck styles. See related products below.
• Unique MAHH-70 Handpiece Holder available for this handpiece. Allows you to bring work to handpiece instead of other way around. Click to view product.
• HP4-927 Optional On/Off Foot Switch is available separately to turn the motor on and off without changing the speed set by the dial.