ARI DIAMOND VERIFICATION TESTER by PRESIDIUM ( CVD TESTER )
For the latest version of ARI, kindly note that we have revised the calibration procedure and no longer provided the cover for the unit. For this, we will require user to insert the tip onto the unit and calibrate against the black platform of the stone rest. This is done to improve the calibration and improve its consistency of testing.
NOTE : Unit is a secondary tester. Diamond / CZ tester must be used prior to testing with ARI.
The latest ARI comes with:
- 2 APROBE tips (packed separately from unit) – This tips are packed separately to minimize damage of APROBE tip during transportation.
- New Stone Rest (that comes with clear test disk and black platform)
- For the black platform of the stone rest, this is used for calibration of the unit. Upon turning on the unit, user should insert the APROBE tip onto the unit and depress it against the black platform on the stone rest. Once depressed, unit will be calibrating and it will be done once “Calibration Successful” is shown on the display. Please refer to Page 13 of UH or Quick Guide and/or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9iiszI4gbQ
- For the clear test disk, it is used for the Diagnostic of the condition of APROBE tip. User can press on the Diagnostic Tool button to access to it. Once activated, user can depress the tip against the clear test disk to test whether their tip is working well. Please refer to Page 23 of UH or Quick Guide
ARI is developed as a handheld PRESIDIUM DIAMOND VERIFICATION INSTRUMENT™ to help identify colourless
diamond against CVD/HPHT lab grown colourless diamond and all types of moissanite. It is suitable for testing on both loose and mounted stones, including jewelry pieces with a closed back setting.
Through advanced proprietary technology, ARI measures the UV light absorbance ability of diamond and moissanite. With its touch screen color LCD display, ARI provides a clear and accurate result of “Diamond”, “CVD/HPHT/Type IIa” and
“Moissanite” within 3 seconds.
- User-safe UV Retractable Optical Probe activates only when tip is in contact with the diamond
- Alert Buzzer for loss of contact between optical probe tip and diamond during testing
- A 6-Language selection in the Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- Battery operated with stylish ergonomic design for portability and ease of use
- Tests on colourless diamonds and moissanites from D to J colour
- Catered for both left-handed and right-handed users alike
- Identifies colourless diamonds against Lab Grown CVD/HPHT diamonds and all types of moissanites, including the new “low conductivity” moissanites
- Replaceable Optical Probe tip technology for users to replace any worn or damaged probe tips yourself, minimizing any equipment downtime
- Tests on loose or mounted diamonds in all jewelry settings, including closed-back setting
- Instantaneous results in 3 seconds for consecutive testing
- Tests on polished diamonds and moissanites of all proportional cuts as small as 0.02ct
Power & Battery
- 3 x AAA alkaline batteries (up to 4 hours of continuous usage) or AC adaptor
- Standby time: 10 minutes from the last measurement
Recommended Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 18°C – 27°C (65°F – 80°F)
- Storage Temperature: 10°C – 51°C (50°F – 124°F)
Dimensions & Weight
- Length: 190mm (7.5 inches)
- Width: 46mm (1.8 inches)
- Height: 25mm (0.9 inches)
- Weight: 60g (0.13lb)